My Blog List

Saturday 19 November 2011

Thing 19 - Integrating The 23 Things

Creating a blog

The process of blog writing has enabled me to reflect on my learning journey. It has been useful to compare my experiences with my fellow CPD23 bloggers and to think critically about my core competencies and skills. I will continue this blog as a means of preparing myself for CILIP Chartership. I’m aware that my own personal contribution is rather low-key and I intend to engage more with social networking/social media in order to make more of an ‘impact’.

Twitter

I’ve not become an active Twitter user. I’ve been following others and lurking in order to observe how others use the medium. I aim to connect first with my work colleagues who are using Twitter and expand my comfort zone from there.

Facebook

I’ve been using Facebook to share library news and views with colleagues.

Evernote

I’ve used this for bookmarking articles and jotting down some thoughts and impressions. It’s great that I can use this on any web browser. I’ll continue to use Evernote as a research log.
In fact, I'll use it to log evidence for CILIP Chartership.

Feeds

I’m broadening my knowledge and maintaining current awareness through using blog feeds. I’m following bloggers from different library sectors in order to more fully engage with the issues affecting the whole of the profession.

Mentoring

I’ve discovered I very valuable mentoring opportunity. My colleague: a fellow CPD23 blogger, provided the spur for me to create an online profile as a platform for social networking. Furthermore, I feel have something to give back as part of the mentoring process. As someone who enjoys research, I hope to make a contribution to generating new ideas for service development.

No comments:

Post a Comment