My Blog List

Saturday 19 November 2011

Thing 18 - Jing has the Zing

Jing is an excellent little tool and I can envision using it in a number of ways. In order to test it out, I made a basic screenapture of a journeyplanner map and emailed it to myself.
I also produced a simple annotated screencapture. This would be ideal for creating handouts for the Beginner's ICT course in my library. I aim to explore Jing's features in more depth because, so far, I've just touched on the basics. However, I rate Jing as very user-friendly and for this reason I'm sure I could master it with a little more practice.

My knowledge of podcasting was quite limited and so I listened to one of the arcadia@cambridge podcasts in order to better understand the medium.

Bobbi Newman (LibrarianbyDay) has recommended two very informative library podcasts.
These contain a diverse range of news and views from the US - something for everyone! I've made this another addition to my reading list.

I can see myself as a podcast follower, but I won’t be diving in and creating my own. In order to feel confident with podcasting I’d probably need to sign up for the Podwhating?! course. However, I don’t see a sufficient payoff for this because I have no projects for which I need to create a podcast.


No comments:

Post a Comment